Lesson 9: Planning Your Day Using Asana
Manage and Prioritize Tasks
Prioritizing and managing tasks in Asana can help you better manage your workload to hit deadlines and stay productive.
What is "My Tasks"?
It is your personal, customizable to-do list. It will help you prioritize your tasks. Check your My Tasks throughout the day to check off tasks you've completed, see any new work that's come in, and get started on your next task.
Tips to Customize Your My Tasks
- Create sections to organize your tasks.
- Choose between List, Board View, or Calendar View to visualize your tasks.
- Add Rules to your My Tasks to help you stay organized and save time.
Tips to Manage and Prioritize your Tasks
- Check your My Tasks everyday to see what you need to do and create new tasks for any other to-dos.
- Make emails actionable with the Asana for Gmail Add-on, to quickly turn emails into tasks.
- Drag, drop, and sort tasks within sections. Sort by due date to easily keep track of upcoming deadlines.
- Give every task a due date so they're easier to prioritize.
- Mark task dependencies so you know when you can get started without having to keep asking a teammate about the status of their task.